RE: DSP 12 and AO40 Telemetry

I'm also using a DSP-12 with good results. You should tune your radio
until you get not only the CD LED on but also see the tuning display
flicker. I get the best results when I tune the radio so that the LED
one to left of the center lights consistently.  When the DSP-12 has
detected the beginning of a frame it also lights the STA LED and raises
one of the signals on the RS232 interface - I don't remember which.
This is the signal used by whatever program receives the raw data as an
indication of good data coming in.

Happy TLM hunting

Best 73 de Bent/OZ6BL