DSP 12 and AO40 Telemetry

I am getting a good solid signal from AO-40's  2 meter beacon and am trying
to decode it with my DSP12.
I get a carrier detect LED but no data. I assumed this was a 512 / 514 byte
checksum issue with no easy way
to fix it. Then I noticed that Viktor Kudielka posted that he was using a
DSP-12 successfully.
Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong??

Also I would like to setup for 2400 MHz. It looks like the Drake 2880s are
no longer available.
I can use any converter output except 520 to 760 MHz. Any suggestion?

Thanks
Bruce
N4USH