Re: Has AO-40 telemetry stopped?

Hi all,
concerning ranging, as I remeber it is done with the help of a
transponder. Therefore, a command station sends a pseudo random
bitstream which is sent back by the satellite.. the ground station then
shifts the tx and the rx stream as long as they are no in phase, if they
are, the delta-t is measured and converted in to range.. (taken out of
memory from an article of AMSAT-DL journal.. i don't know if published
online..)..

73s Achim, DH2VA

--

    Achim Vollhardt