RE: P3TC - Windows socket error ...

> Launch Nino's excellent P3TLM program and start the TCP/IP server. In the
> bottom of the window will appear the server name and the port number (2001).
>
> The server name which appears will probably not be the localhost IP address
> (127.0.0.1) but could be your first name, your last name and then the port
> number (2001).

If you have a network card in your computer, you might try going to the network control
panel and finding out what is set up as the local IP#  by looking in the entry in the
TCP/IP -----> network card   category .   I know I am using a different IP number on
each of my 7 different computers, and that is what I entered, instead of the 127.0.0.1  .
If you don't have a network card, this probably wouldn't be the case, but no telling what
might be entered there in computers that have been around for a while, ie Win95/98
tends to be clogged up with settings for things that aren't in the computer anymore.

 *Bill Jones  N3JLQ  Sweden Maine                                *
 * wejones@megalink.net                                          *
 * Main home page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones             *
 * WWII/B-17 page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 * TVRO  page       http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 *                TVRO HAM RADIO WWII/B-17 SPACE WX              *