Re: Converter Protection

In a message dated 12/5/00 6:43:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, bill@hurlock.net
writes:

> > In a message dated 12/5/2000 8:45:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>  > tmwebb@ionet.net writes:
>  >
>  > > Having fried a Drake 2.4GHz converter a few months ago, I decided to
> install
>  > >  a Ramsey RFS-1 rf sensing switch to protect any future S-mode
> converters.
>  > >  As a matter of scholarly inquiry, any better ideas floating around out
>  > there
>  > >  as to protecting mast-mount converters from inadvertent rf?

If you're using an FT-736R, here's one more way to protect your Drake.

Locate J10 on the transmit board. Ground pin 3 on this connector. This will
inhibit any RF generation. I know of a few ops using this with a DEM
sequencer to prevent hot switching of their high power amps and preamps.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649
Local Area Coordinator