Re: AO-40 S2 MB report 2000-12-05

And from

IO91QX Woburn UK

using 40 ele quad loop yagi, preamp, and Down East transverter into an IC706

I can report signals S1-6 during the whole MA 16-26 today after nothing
yesterday because I did not tune low enough and my calibration is not yet
100%. Still pleased though as the antenna, preamp and transverter were
assembled some 4/5 years ago and had not been touched since.

I did not try decoding with my DSP12 but the wobbulation and magnetorquering
were quite evident to the ear.

element set 4 day 328 keps had Mode S on at 15.7 and off at 25.7

Have ordered a RHCP 20 turn helical antenna for a comparison and future use
when satellite is in the final configuration.

Definately worth taking a morning off work!

73s

Graham G3VZV