Keps and Computers.

	With all this activity on AO-40 I was wondering why
I was missing the passes, I was using Ken's #3 in PREDICT
on my Pentium 166, I fired up my 486/33 laptop with IT 1.1
used 2L2ITKE.EXE to massage the keps and found a difference.

So having 3 computers [one was free] I started playing, the IT
agreed with AOS and LOS, in checking the Pent I found the time
on PREDICT, the UTC time was out by 8 hours [yes I did have the
correct offset -8 in there] the time set was by NIST, so the time was
accurate, I tried STSplus, and after getting help from this BB, re
setting of distances in the correct Km, it agreed with the IT of the
laptop and of course the AOS and LOS.

So-o-o ran up the DX4-100 with PREDICT or IT or STS, with the same
keps and the time adjusted to the pent, STS agreed with the Pent, but
AO-40 on IT and PREDICT would not agree with the other two machines,
all the other sats were within reason but not AO-40.

My point is [finally] that the DX4 fouled up on the AO-40, no matter what I
checked, the keps were the SAME, exactly [as far as my eye could see]
this is the same computer that runs Win 95 but the sat calculations are
not correct, Wisp times are incorrect, but OK on the pent running wisp.

	So-o-o perhaps check with another computer, perhaps yours
has a glitch [gremlin] before believing that the keps are wrong.

Just a thought.

73 Peter VE7AHX.
ve7ahx@rac.ca
progers@lightspeed.ca