From: Bill Jones
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Sent: 12/3/00 9:22 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] 2 P3D questions

2 quick P3D questions.
1) Where does P3D get the MA data it is sending down?  Ie is it actually
determining
it's position in the orbit by navigational methods, or is it running
some on board
tracking program like we are running?  Assuming the former, how, since
it's GPS
seems to be turned off.

2) Not having an appropriate modem for my TNCs, I have been using the
IZ8BLY
decoder.  The only way I have been able to get it to feed data to P3T is
via my local
network, from my downstairs computer to P3T running on my upstairs
computer.  This
works fine, but I'm getting tired of running up and down stairs.  Is
there some way of
getting it to feed P3T on the same computer, real time???

BTW, the IZ8BLY/P3T is a really impressive combination. Nice.

 *Bill Jones  N3JLQ  Sweden Maine                                *
 * wejones@megalink.net                                          *
 * Main home page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones             *
 * WWII/B-17 page   http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 * TVRO  page       http://www.megalink.net/~wejones/wwii.html   *
 *                TVRO HAM RADIO WWII/B-17 SPACE WX              *