Re: Notes on Squint Angle & ALON/ALAT

Stacey

> There may be  some confusion among AO-40 users and software writers
> (updaters) about the differences between ALON/ALAT and squint angle on
> AO-40 vs. AO-13.
rest snipped.

Thanks for a good description of pointing in inertial space.

I'd be interested to know how the ALON/ALAT will be communicated once AO-40
enters its earth-pointing mode (a year or so down the road). In this mode
the attitude will be constantly (?) changed by the reaction wheels so that
the boresight centers the earth; so the ALON/ALAT would be constantly
changing too.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org