PSK 1 problems

Hello group!
I am struggling to get my PSK 1 configure and working. I have the modem
piped to the radio,FT847, and to my laptop. I can hear the data stream from
the bird, kinda low, and the LEDs on the front of the modem are flashing
back and forth and the lock LED is coming on but it is not locking. Weak
signal? I have an Arrow J Pole in my attic. I have also notice that when I
turn on the PSK 1 is putting noise into my radio. Is this normal?
I am also having trouble configuring P3T. I read a post that it needs to be
configured for a 512 modem. I have not been able to figure out how to do
this.  Which menu is this command in? I can't seem to find it.

Any help appreciated!

TNX in advance!

Gary