Re: instant-track v1.5

Paul Williamson wrote:

> At 01:05 PM 11/27/2000 +1030, David Giles wrote:
> >A question for those who have the new Instant track program.
> >
> >Can the local time setting differ from UTC by a half hour?
> Yes! In fact, any offset (in seconds) is possible.
> However, note that I'm investigating a report from a user in your area that
> this feature is broken. If I find it is broken, there will be another new
> release. That would be a free upgrade for 1.50 users, of course.
> 73  -Paul
> kb5mu@amsat.org
> Hello Paul & David,

David, as I said in my last email I am running my PC on utc time so hadn't
tried the "time_offset_seconds"
in the IT.INI file, however after seeing the email from Paul, I have just tried
it and it works OK for me.
You must go into IT.INI and uncomment  the line "timezone = UTC0"  then
uncomment the line
"timezone_offset_seconds = -37800" for Sth. Aust. summertime. Don't forget to
change it back to
"34200" seconds when we go back to winter time.  Best of luck David.
                    73 de Tony....VK5ZAI.
 J.A.(Tony) Hutchison.
 QTH. PARINGA. South Australia:
 Grid.QF05jt: AMSAT Aust..#799: