Re: SatTrack 3.1.7 - Yup again!

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 04:46:51PM -0500, Alan K. Adamson wrote:
> For those that don't know SatTrack 3.1 is a Linux satellite tracking and
> display program.  It was originally written back in the early 90's and then
> the Author went on to a commercial project with a 4.0 release and stopped
> maintenance on 3.1.  3.1 was released in a GPL version with source and the
> author maintaining ownership.

Where did 3.1.7 come from and how do you know it's GPL?

I arranged with Manfred Bester directly for permission to distribute
3.1.6 with Debian. It was certainly not GPL at the time, and there
is no information on www.bester.com about 3.x at all, only about
4.2 and the upcoming 5.0, neither of which are free.

It'd be great if 3.1.7 is GPL but I can't see any official sign
of that on the web site. Can you email me the original 3.1.7
source, or a URL for it?

thanks
Hamish (Debian maintainer for sattrack)