Re: Kenwood TS-2000

on 12/1/00 12:22 PM, Perry Yantis at PYantis@compuserve.com wrote:

> On pricing she stated that the list price she had is $2500 and that they
> planned to sell it for $2229.95.

This is interesting.  I don't think the radio has been FCC accepted yet and
therefore, no one should be giving pricing.

$2230 seems a little steep considering an FT-847 costs less than $1500.
That's a BIG difference.  So I get one more band (L band) and another FM
radio/tnc.  I can buy an L band transverter and put it at the mast for a lot
cheaper.

73,

Jon
NA9D