Re: TS-2000 a Sat Rig ??????

on 12/1/00 9:07 AM, robson@medidata.com.br at robson@medidata.com.br wrote:

> The TS-2000 transceiver is equipped with 2
> independent receivers. The main transceiver can
> receive from 30 kHz to the UHF band (or 1.2 GHz
> band if the optional UT-XX is installed) while the sub-receiver
> can receive signals in FM or AM mode on
> the VHF (144 MHz) or UHF (430/ 440MHz) band.
>
> So it seems to me that its not really a sat rig.
> Better keep my old, also Kenwood,TS711 and TS811.

Not correct.  It IS indeed a satellite rig.  With the FT-847, I only have 1
RX, just two frequency displays.  All you need for satellite is to be able
to transmit on two bands in full duplex manner.

The TS-2000 does this.  It has a satellite mode where you can do frequency
tracking, etc.

73,

Jon
NA9D