Re: Lithium Batteries

Hello,

I have heard that Lockheed Martin has claimed to have the first
rechargable li-ion batteries in space. I have been testing some
Panasonic cells for space use. I have run them through a temperature
profile from 0C to 85C in a vacuum. The batteries worked fine. I also
ran the batteries for a couple months in a vacuum at a steady
temperature of 33C. The batteries did great and still works. They are
sealed.

I'll have some plots put up on the stensat website in a few weeks.

www.stensat.org

Ivan