Re: P3D telnet servers

For that matter, we need to have some sort of centralized server system like
we have with Steve Dimse's APRServe.  Any station can send info to his
server on the internet and from there it goes out to all other connected
stations.  So you get APRS traffic from all over the world.

It would be cool to be able to connect to one server that is receiving
telemetry from stations all over the world.

Of course, I am not a bit head and don't have the skills to figure out how
to do such a thing!

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 11/30/00 10:28 PM, Tony Langdon at tlangdon@atctraining.com.au wrote:

> This raises another issue with P3T.  While it's great that people are
> putting up servers, but sometimes they can be a bit difficult to find in
> real time.
>
> Maybe for Phil's development of a trelemetry relay protocol, perhaps some
> means of advertising servers that are live could be incorporated?  Perhaps
> use a dedicated IRC server or similar?  Just a thought
>
> This issue is particularly noticeable on this side of the world, where one
> has to be mindful of who's sleeping and who's not, during the course of our
> "wierd" daylight hours. :)
>
> Tony Langdon.
> Systems Development and Support.
> ATC Training Australasia.  Level 2 321 Exhibition St Melbourne  3000.
> Phone:  1300 13 1983     WWW:  http://www.atctraining.com.au

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA