Re: Mime-Version: 1.0

on 11/30/00 6:22 AM, Mark West at markw@iSecuritas.com wrote:

> The suggestion that money makes
> the world go round, while completely accurate, is not politically correct.

The fact is that while yes, the above is true (and I HATE political
correctness), the truth of the matter is, you do NOT need a super station to
work satellites.  You literally don't need to spend thousands of dollars.
Other than my FT-847 (which has more purposes to me than just satellite),
I've spent very little (a few hundred dollars) on my overall satellite
system.

My entire ham shack is certainly a major financial investment.  And yes, it
helps to have the best equipment.  But it doesn't have to be that way to
have fun.

73,

Jon
NA9D