RE: Proposed Internet Space Telemetry Protocol

Hmm, working as root, Phil? tsk ;)

> With all the recent interest in shipping AO-40 telemetry frames over
> the Internet, I have put together an initial proposal for a standard
> protocol to do this. I am calling it the Spacecraft Telemetry Protocol
> (STP), as I am trying to make it general enough to use with any
> spacecraft, not just AO-40.

Sounds like an excellent idea!  I will check it out when I get a bit of
time, but the idea of multiple delivery mechanisms sounds interesting.
Multicast is most efficient, but I suspect relatively few users are on the
MBONE.  IRC is an interesting twist.  If it's good enough for IPhone
directory servers, surely you can pump a bit of telemetry through it (though
we may want to setup telemetry.amsat.org to avoid annoying the IRCops on
major networks).