RE: using nino's and p3t together

> Sorry, you must have something set up wrong. In your Windows directory
> do you have a file called HOSTS? The file has no extension
> but it should
> contain the following line:-
>
> localhost       127.0.0.1

This is well worth putting in.  Windows doesn't install this by default
(rather stupid, if you ask me, the localhost entry does more good than
harm).

I was wondering whether the socket issue was name resolution related.  I run
my own DNS, so names on the LAN will always resolve, regardless of the state
of the connection, plus I tend to keep my hosts files populated.

The hosts file lives in the following locations:

Windows 9x/ME:  c:\windows\hosts
Windows NT (presumably 2k, though I haven't confirmed this):
c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
UNIX and UNIX like systems (Linux, BSD, Solaris, etc)  /etc/hosts  (but most
people running these systems knew that already ;) )