Re: Kenwood Sat rig TS-2000 manual available in PDF

Hi Richard

I had a _real_ hands on of the TS-2000 and the IC-910 last Saturday.

The TS-2000

It seems (although wasn't demo'd) that the DX cluster/APRS info will scroll
on the single line display below the frequency readouts.

Will definitely support duplex modes A, B, J. I tuned the radio to these in
USB/LSB.

Just to reiterate, only dual RX when the sub-band on AM/FM VHF/UHF.

Loads of buttons. And I remarkably found it easy to drive.

IC910

IC910 much more traditional in both looks and function. 100% dual receive as
well as full duplex for the sats. Very basic back panel. Nice touch with
dual 6 pin mini DIN packet sockets. No general coverage RX. A bonus in my
book if it reduces intermod - but I somehow doubt it.