Re: 9k6 sat mods for Icom IC970

Hi Paul,

You can get some information about how to modify the IC-970 by Ron W5RKN,
the IC-275/475 by Roy W0SL, and the TS-790A by Mark KC4EBR (wait, that's my
old call! ;-) to 9k6 here:

ftp://ftp.tapr.org/dsp/Texas_Instruments/dsp93/manuals/DSP93_Ops_Manual.pdf

Look starting about page 11 or so...

Hope that helps!

73,

Mark N8MH (formerly KC4EBR)

At 01:33 PM 11/29/2000, paul.willmott@omsl.bm wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need to add 9k6 sat support to my setup, upto now I've been strictly
>analog. Has anyone gone through the process of setting up for 9k6 satellite
>using an Icom IC-970, and if so could they drop me a note to give me the
>inside track on this, what works what doesn't. Now that the S beacon is
>going to be active, then it won't be very long before the controlers will be
>using it at 9k6 for the download of h-res images and sound files, ,,, I
>don't want to miss the fun!
>
>Cheers
>Paul, VP9MU
>----