Re: RE: copyright??

Hi, Jon,

At 08:34 AM 29-11-00 -0600, Jon Ogden wrote:
>If people are forbidden from making money on anything having to do with
>amateur radio, then Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu and all the others are in violation
>of the law.

The text applies to transmissions on frequencies allocated to the amateur
service and the amateur-satellite service.  Manufacturing of equipment is
not related at all.

I guess the biggest problem for me is determining who "owns" the
stuff.  That's an issue we probably should not get in to.  Historically,
all data produced by an OSCAR type satellite has been considered to be open
for all.

If I may suggest as a constructive way to conclude this issue, the AO-40
international program board could take up the issue to see (1) if they
prefer to have all data in the public domain or, if not, then (2) who is
the owner of the data and what limitations the owner wishes to have on
copying the data.

Hope this helps.

73, art.....