Awards on AO-40

Is it time to break with tradition?

I suggest that we consider/suggest a set of AMSAT certificates which are QSL
FREE.

Sure, there may be QSLs sent via e-mail. It's fun to have a piece of paper.
What I'm talking about is WAS, WAZ, DXCC certified by AMSAT using e-mail
only. Maybe it could go like this:

First, all participants must be AMSAT members, and have AMSAT aliases.
Next,  those claiming a particular award would publish their log information
on this bb .
Given no challenge, the amateur could then apply for his award directly,
along with a check for a reasonable amount, say $15, and receive his
certificate.

Now, that's what I call a good thread!

Mike
W1BFN@amsat.org