Re: RE: copyright??

Let me just say this too:

If people are forbidden from making money on anything having to do with
amateur radio, then Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu and all the others are in violation
of the law.

The fact that Amsat-DL copyrights something is so that there is recognition
of who the source of the material is so that someone else cannot legally
claim it as theirs.  This does not violate the letter or the spirit of
amateur radio law.

73,

Jon
NA9D

on 11/29/00 7:19 AM, paul.willmott@omsl.bm at paul.willmott@omsl.bm wrote:

> I'm not going to get dragged into a long discussion on this one, ... but the
> copyright message stays until I here otherwise from AMSAT-DL.
>
> Just because the images were sent via amateur radio does not mean that they
> have become public domain. If a magazine wants to print them they must ask
> permission from AMSAT-DL and print a credit to AMSAT-DL, that's how it has
> always been done.
>
> That does not mean that AMSAT-DL has to charge a fee for publication, which
> would be probably contrary to license conditions.
>
> Paul, VP9MU
> AMSAT-BDA

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)