Re: RAW-data telemetry realtime soundcard decoder

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 11:27:32PM +1000, Tony Langdon wrote:
> You have to fiddle with the waterfall display to tune the program to the right
> frequency.  Then it works well.

Just wait until the idle period, then line up the two markers shown when
hovering over the waterfall with the two lines in the idle tone. I've
used some of Nino's other software (MT63, Hellschreiber and MFSK)
for over a year now and they all work the same way.

> Only issue is I found the output less useful than that of the AMSAT-France
> decoder.  Would be nice if the new one could generate .TLM files.

Well, Nino's program is really a demodulator rather than a decoder.
I think telemetry reader programs (like P3T) should be able to find the start
of the frames, rather than requiring the demodulator to do that for them.
The demodulator is otherwise independent of the data format.

Hamish