Re: Windows Soundcard AO-40 Decode

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 01:11:25PM -0900, Edward R. Cole wrote:
> The problem usually isn't whether it will run on the windows OS, but
> whether the after-market or share-ware application will support it.  For
> instance if you want to run FFTDSP-42 by AF9Y or the DSP programs from
> Brian Beezly, you need a "real" soundblaster card.  If I were you I would

The solution to this is not to use DOS programs. Windows 3.1 was
the first version with multimedia support (*) and it was released
in 1991, so it's not too much to ask to get Windows versions of
most apps by now.

Admittedly, real time support in Windows 3.1 and 9x is poor
and that makes things difficult.

(*) Pedants might note that there was actually a "Windows 3.0
with Multimedia Extensions" predating Windows 3.1, but it
wasn't very common.

Hamish