From: Arthur H Feller
To: vp9mu@amsat.org
Cc: ve3frh@amsat.org; w2rs@amsat.org
Sent: 11/29/00 12:41 AM
Subject: copyright??

Hi, Paul!!

Great work collecting images from the AO-40 telemetry!

The note listing recovered AO-40 .JPG files mentions "copyright
AMSAT-DL."

Claiming the right to control copying seems to put AMSAT-DL square in
the
realm of "pecuniary interest."  Also, most administrations consider
transmissions in the amateur service and amateur-satellite service to be

beyond the secrecy provisions of the Radio Regulations.

If you have a moment, it might be worthwhile to double check the
copyright
claim.  My guess is that it's either not appropriate or not enforceable
or
both.

Hope this helps.

73, art.....