Re: KCT and Logsat

This sounds like dirty or bad pots inside the control box. You may want
to turn off the unit, take the top off and put an ohm meter across the
output voltage adjusting potentiometers.

When I had this problem due to lightning strikes on my 5400, I found that
the the meters read as they should, but the output volatges were erratic.
Just a thought.

At 01:34 PM 11/28/2000 +0530, Gopal Madhavan wrote:
>I am looking for information of hams who are using the combination of Logsat
>Tracking program with the KCT board as I am having great problems installing
>it.
>
>The voltages keep jumping while calibrating and so the antennae dont stay
>steady. A new board was sent by KCT, and still it behaves the same way.
>
>It is a brand new Yaesu 5500 az-el system. The PC is a pentium 550 mhz with
>128 Ram and Win 98-SE operating system
>
>Kindly post this on the appropriate list, so that I could get some advice.
>
>Thanks and regards
>
>Gopal VU2GMN
>
>----

Reid Bristor