Re: Portable FM Operations

>By the way, my tape player is a model that Aiawa makes.  It's the only
>"walkman" type cassette player that also records (at least that Best Buy
>carries).  It worked real well. I plugged the audio from the HT into the mic
>jack and then listened to the tape via the headphone jack.  Worked like a
>champ.

I do something similar to this. I have a microcassette recorder that came
with an external mic. I use a velcro cable tie and attach the cassette mic
to my HT speaker mic. This way both sides of the QSO get recorded and I can
make comments on the tape (especially time hacks). I find with the Arrow in
one hand and the speaker mic in the other, I'm out of hands to write down
contact info.

73, Keith

Maj Keith E Brandt,MD,MPH,WD9GET || Goodbye, cruel world that was my home-
Chief of Aerospace Medicine      ||   there's cleaner space out here to roam.
McConnell AFB, Wichita, KS       || Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
wd9get@amsat.org                 ||   sit back, relax, and count the stars.
http://www.dca.net/~brandt       ||