RE: another P3T server up

> Easy. Separating the DSP modem code from the display code
> could be A Good Thing. You could then mix and match,
> plugging whatever display software you like into the
> socket.

I like that approach too. Has a sort of "UNIX" feel, mix and match the
pieces to get a complete system the way you want it.  My reasoning was I
like P3T as a front end, very nice software, but don't want to invest in
dedicated modem hardware (read $$$ and the hassle of acquiring it), when I
have plenty of computer power sitting in the shack, perfectly capable of
doing the same job!

> Predict does something like this: you can run it as a
> server, and anybody who wishes can talk to it over a
> socket connection and do whatever they wish with the
> results.

I must investigate this one further.  I suspect I may have to upgrade my
Linux box to get Predict running though.