Re: [amsat-bb] Re: [amsat-bb] Feeding P3T TCP/IP option with Nino īs TLM output

Well I have managed to get Nino's P3D Sat decoder to speak to Stacey's P3T.
Note that this works on NT. I'm not sure about W9x.

Warning:

This is a hack. If you're not sure what I'm on about in any of the stages,
it may be better if you mail me directly.

Assumptions:

o You _must_ be running Alfa Version 0.2 -26 November 2000 of the IZ8BLY
program.

o Null modem cable between COM1 and COM2 which you've checked works with two
hyperterminal sessions.

So for what it's worth, here we go:

(a) Install the IZ8BLY program as normal, and check it works normally.

(b) Exit the IZ8BLY program

(c) Backup the IZ8BLY P3D Decoder.exe file.

(d) Get you favorite hex editor out, and edit the IZ8BLY P3D Decoder.exe
file

seven characters overwritten. If you mess up, abort your attempt, restore
from that backup I'm sure you made and start again!!!

(f) Do the same at offset 99E71h

(g) Do the same at offset 99E79h

(h) Save the hacked executable

The above you only need to do once.

However, for each telemetry session you must...

(a) Check your null modem cable's working

(b) From the command line run the command MODE COM1:1200,n,8,1

(c) Run Stacey's P3T, checking the com port's COM2, modem type is 512byte (I
can't get the CRC to work, but I'm using WAV files as AO-40 hasn't been over
here since I worked out the hack) and it's set definitely to 1200 baud. For
standalone, check TCP/IP boot is Normal. 9600 didn't work for me.

(d) Run the IZ8BLY program.

That's pretty much it.

Sorry for the hack. Enjoy.

73 Howard G6LVB