Re: [amsat-bb] Feeding P3T TCP/IP option with Nino īs TLM output

Hi Robson

Yes... yesterday I was peeking the Windows messages in the text window of
Nino's program (EM_REPLACESEL messages) which contain each of the characters
displayed on the screen. The idea was to place a spy hook into the message
stream and then push them into P3T via TCP/IP, or maybe some other means.

I also ran a network monitor on the TCP/IP stream on Stacey's P3T. Here's
where things got a bit tough. I couldn't work out the datastream properly
(although I only spent a few minutes looking at it to be fair).

It all fell down completely when I realised that the codes in the messages
were only seven bit. In the new version I believe extended codes don't even
appear in the text box, so nothing to hook on to at all!

So close - but no cigar.

Now for my next trick, I was considering today hex-hacking the executable so
that it wrote the data to COM1 instead of the standard output file, and
running a null modem cable back into your COM2. Set up P3T to listen on
COM2. Et voila???

The astounding rate at which Nino's developing the program is such that I
feel any such fiddling may be a very temporary solution.

Anyway if I get chance and it works I'll let you know.

73 Howard G6LVB (With my hacker hat on).