Re: How about AO-16??-->2.4 Ghz "Microwave" transmitter

At 01:06 PM 11/27/2000 -0500, Mark L. Hammond wrote:
>And what about AO-16?
>
>A few months ago I asked on this list for some indication from a command
>station, but nobody ever replied.  Anyone know who to ask regarding this?

Your suggestion was discussed by the command team, but we're not in a
position to act on it right now.

To run the S-band downlink without constant manual supervision from command
stations, we need some new spacecraft software. Unfortunately, there's a
heavy overlap between the microsat software team and the P3D software team
(and for other satellite projects as well). Getting new software for AO-16
is a bit slow right now, and not really anybody's first priority.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org
member of the AO-16 command team