How about AO-16??-->2.4 Ghz "Microwave" transmitter

And what about AO-16?

A few months ago I asked on this list for some indication from a command
station, but nobody ever replied.  Anyone know who to ask regarding this?

AMSAT-OSCAR-16 (PACSAT)
Uplink 145.900, 145.920, 145.940, 145.860 MHz FM, 1200 bps Manchester FSK
Downlink 437.025 MHz SSB, 1200 bps RC-BPSK 1200 Baud PSK
Beacon 2401.1428 MHz.

Seems like a good flying signal source to me!!

73,

Mark N8MH

At 11:28 AM 11/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>As some of you may remember I have been working on my microwave transmitter
>for a couple of years now....to simplify design I have bolted the microwave
>to the top of a pipe flange on my rotatable mast...
>
>By removing the door and bypassing the safety interlocks I have effectively
>developed a "dish" type arrangement with very good directivity...
>
>The arrangement has 2 shortcomings...I have to run 120vac up the mast which I
>consider kind of dangerous...and secondly I have only been able to use it in
>CW mode by using a healthy surplus CW key to handle keying the power supply
>directly..
>
>My problem...not many of my local hams use CW so I have to develop a new
>modulation scheme...and I am nervous the ferret will come in contact with the
>key and need pulmonary resuccitation some time when I am not around...
>
>Any suggestions would be appreciated
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Roger TCIP,LSD,PCP
>WA1KAT
>

>Subj:   Re: [amsat-bb] 2.4 G beacon
>Date:   Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:32:22 AM Eastern Standard Time
>From:   "Richard D. Reese" <richardr@sssnet.com>
>To:   "Francisco Costa" <fcosta@mail.telepac.pt>, <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>, "Mark
>L. Hammond" <hammond@surrealnet.net>
>
>Mark & All;
>
>I have noticed over the years that I can tell when the neighbors have the
>microwave in use by rotating the dish towards their homes.   There is a
>noticeable increase in the noise floor.  My own oven at home will give a
>pronounced increase in the noise floor.  The closer to 2450 GHz I tune the
>higher the noise.  I have RX & TX ability 2400 to 2450 GHz.
>
>Richard D.Reese  WA8DBW
>

>----

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]