How about AO-16??-->2.4 Ghz "Microwave" transmitter

And what about AO-16?

A few months ago I asked on this list for some indication from a command
station, but nobody ever replied.  Anyone know who to ask regarding this?

Uplink 145.900, 145.920, 145.940, 145.860 MHz FM, 1200 bps Manchester FSK
Downlink 437.025 MHz SSB, 1200 bps RC-BPSK 1200 Baud PSK
Beacon 2401.1428 MHz.

Seems like a good flying signal source to me!!

Mark N8MH

At 11:28 AM 11/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>As some of you may remember I have been working on my microwave transmitter
>for a couple of years now....to simplify design I have bolted the microwave
>to the top of a pipe flange on my rotatable mast...
>By removing the door and bypassing the safety interlocks I have effectively
>developed a "dish" type arrangement with very good directivity...
>The arrangement has 2 shortcomings...I have to run 120vac up the mast which I
>consider kind of dangerous...and secondly I have only been able to use it in
>CW mode by using a healthy surplus CW key to handle keying the power supply
>My problem...not many of my local hams use CW so I have to develop a new
>modulation scheme...and I am nervous the ferret will come in contact with the
>key and need pulmonary resuccitation some time when I am not around...
>Any suggestions would be appreciated
>Thanks in advance!
>Subj:   Re: [amsat-bb] 2.4 G beacon
>Date:   Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:32:22 AM Eastern Standard Time
>From:   "Richard D. Reese" <richardr@sssnet.com>
>To:   "Francisco Costa" <fcosta@mail.telepac.pt>, <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>, "Mark
>L. Hammond" <hammond@surrealnet.net>
>Mark & All;
>I have noticed over the years that I can tell when the neighbors have the
>microwave in use by rotating the dish towards their homes.   There is a
>noticeable increase in the noise floor.  My own oven at home will give a
>pronounced increase in the noise floor.  The closer to 2450 GHz I tune the
>higher the noise.  I have RX & TX ability 2400 to 2450 GHz.
>Richard D.Reese  WA8DBW

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]