Subj:   Re: [amsat-bb] 2.4 G beacon
Date:   Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:32:22 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:   "Richard D. Reese" <richardr@sssnet.com>
To:   "Francisco Costa" <fcosta@mail.telepac.pt>, <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>, "Mark
L. Hammond" <hammond@surrealnet.net>

Mark & All;

I have noticed over the years that I can tell when the neighbors have the
microwave in use by rotating the dish towards their homes.   There is a
noticeable increase in the noise floor.  My own oven at home will give a
pronounced increase in the noise floor.  The closer to 2450 GHz I tune the
higher the noise.  I have RX & TX ability 2400 to 2450 GHz.

Richard D.Reese  WA8DBW