Re: 2.4 G beacon

Mark,

I suggested this approach to Francisco before i saw your sugestion.  Then
Mike came up with the url.  Great!

How about I purchase 9 of them and make them up in a small utility box and
sell them on amsat-bb? Say $12-18 for the complete unit with BNC connector.
 Or sell the diode for cost+shipping?  I need to order some LMR-400 and
N-connectors from RF anyway.

Ed
60 North Electronics {my little part-time home business}

At 07:46 AM 11/27/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Mike,
>
>Ah, neat little signal generator.
>
>Now, can any of you electronic whizzes on the list suggest a more common
>diode part to substitute for the 1SS85 component?
>
>I can't find it in the Radio Shack catalog, and RFParts.com has a $25
>minimum, while the 1SS85 is only about $3.  Don't think I need 9 of them ;-)
>
>73,
>
>Mark N8MH
>
>AIf you're looking to check out your S band receiver, here's a good way to
>>test it. Go to JN1GKZ's home page and check out the bottom of his "mod 3
>>page" for the Drake 2880. URL:
>>http://www.din.or.jp/~m-arai/sband/mod31e.htm
>>You will see a nifty little harmonic generator made out of a 10K resistor
and
>>1SS85 diode. The diagram suggests using 50 MHz, I use 400 MHz from my HT.
6th