how abt ao-40 beacon on mode-S?

Hi there,
I have some thoughts to think about (to guide the discussion to
something more sat-like..): why not cutting some power off the mode-V 2m
beacon and power up the 2.4 gig tx, lets say to 50% nominal power for
letting all the mode-s freaks test their equipment. just the beacon, no
transponder. Signals will be weak because of poor sat-attitude but I
guess receiving this beacon will be the next challenge for the fan
community before actually working over the sat (first listen, then
talk..).
I think there are lots of people who were building up their station in
the last couple of years after the good experience (and heavy
advertising by G3RUH, ON6UG and co. for future Mode-S, hi) of AO-13, who
would like see their stuff working.

I am sure that there are some more restrictions than power and squint
angle prohibiting current use of the Mode-S beacon, but I would like to
hear
some of your thoughts to this.

73s Achim, DH2VA