Re: 2.4 G beacon

Mark,
A common 1N4005 1 a power diode will work, in parallel with five 47 K 1/2 W
resistors... all found on the rack at RS.  Keep your output level to about 1
W or less!   Should cost you about $1 total :-)
73,
Jerry, K5OE

<hammond@surrealnet.net> writes:

<< Hi Mike,

Ah, neat little signal generator.

Now, can any of you electronic whizzes on the list suggest a more common
diode part to substitute for the 1SS85 component?

I can't find it in the Radio Shack catalog, and RFParts.com has a $25
minimum, while the 1SS85 is only about $3.  Don't think I need 9 of them ;-)

73,

Mark N8MH

AIf you're looking to check out your S band receiver, here's a good way to
>test it. Go to JN1GKZ's home page and check out the bottom of his "mod 3
>page" for the Drake 2880. URL:
>http://www.din.or.jp/~m-arai/sband/mod31e.htm
>You will see a nifty little harmonic generator made out of a 10K resistor and
>1SS85 diode. The diagram suggests using 50 MHz, I use 400 MHz from my HT. 6th
>harmonic = 2400 MHz. Works slick!
>
>73,
>Mike, N1JEZ

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]