Re: 2.4 G beacon

In a message dated 11/26/00 8:40:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hammond@surrealnet.net writes:

> Do what I did last night.  Turn on your microwave oven, and point your
>  array+downconverter at it :-)
>
>  73,
>
>  Mark N8MH
>
>  At 05:05 PM 11/26/2000, Francisco Costa wrote:
>  >Hi
>  >
>  >If you have a 2.4G beacon,
>  >if you already tested all your equipment,
>  >if you have no more use for it,
>  >I'll be happy to buy it.
>  >Please send me a direct reply. Thanks
>  >
>  >See you all on AO-40 :0)
>  >
>  >F.Costa, CT1EAT

If you're looking to check out your S band receiver, here's a good way to
test it. Go to JN1GKZ's home page and check out the bottom of his "mod 3
page" for the Drake 2880. URL:
http://www.din.or.jp/~m-arai/sband/mod31e.htm
You will see a nifty little harmonic generator made out of a 10K resistor and
1SS85 diode. The diagram suggests using 50 MHz, I use 400 MHz from my HT. 6th
harmonic = 2400 MHz. Works slick!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649