RE: 1 KW 2 m Amplifier

> That's for people who don't want to put up antennas!
>

> On Fri, 24 Nov 2000 17:07:32 +0000 (WET) Claudio Martins
> <ctpm@vega.net.dhis.org> writes:
> >
> > A KW amplifier for satellite operation!? You must be joking...

I saw just the antenna for these guys.  It was labelled "50 ohm Dummy Load".
I'm sure leakage will be enough to get into the LEOs. ;-)  I used to get 5km
to a repeater on a couple of watts into a dummy load, so with a little more
leakage, it should be possible to hit a bird!!!  (actually, the leakage from
1' of coax was enough to put in a good signal at that power level!)

Rx might be a different kettle of fish though. ;-)