DXpedition to Comoros

Where: the Comoros islands are in the Indian Ocean between Madagascar and
the African mainland. Comoros was number 59 in the 1999 world-wide listing
of most wanted DXCC countries; its probably higher in the standings now.

When: February 2001, 24/7, for three weeks.

Details: Callsign D68C. This is one of the biggest "fly in and fly out"
DXpeditions the world has ever seen. In addition to the hf operations
(six stations with linears and monoband beams) they want to hit the
satellite bands hard as well. One operator will be their satellite "guru"
plus (with 4-hour shifts on hf) the other operators are likely to want a
go on the birds in their leisure time. They are taking an '847 and the
usual antennas etc; tx power is expected to be 100W. Website is:
<http://www.dxbands.com/comoros>

So what: I have been asked to request of the satellite community "what
would they like us to do/activate/etc. Apparently SO-35 will be switched
on for them (fine for Africa/India but not much use to the rest of us) and
they'll be hitting the RS birds and AO-10.

Question: anything else you want them to do guys ?

[No - I don't know if AO-40 will be on in time :) ]

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188