Re: CW of DSS???

>From: "Thomas Webb" <tmwebb@ionet.net>
>Late yesterday afternoon, I was watching DSS channel 229 (HGTV getting some
>holiday decorating ideas) when the audio went to pure static.  A few moments
>later, an announcement was superimposed on the screen say there was
>techincal problems (the solar storms???).  I heard something odd in the
>static; IT WAS HIGH SPEED CW!!!   It was above the static level and being
>sent about 30 wpm.  Any speculation as to the source??
>
>Tom Webb, WA9AFM/5

Tom,

Probably it was your neighborhood CB station practising cw with his new
"afterburner" which was producing harmonics up into the ku-band! he! he!

In reality sounds like front-end overload from a nearby cw source, or the
satellite "hick-upped" and switched on some telemetry.  Your DSS doesn't
share its coax with your 20m beam, does it? ;-)

Sorry for the irreverent humour.  Couldn't resist ;-)

Ed