CW of DSS???

Late yesterday afternoon, I was watching DSS channel 229 (HGTV getting some
holiday decorating ideas) when the audio went to pure static.  A few moments
later, an announcement was superimposed on the screen say there was
techincal problems (the solar storms???).  I heard something odd in the
static; IT WAS HIGH SPEED CW!!!   It was above the static level and being
sent about 30 wpm.  Any speculation as to the source??

Tom Webb, WA9AFM/5