Re: Windows Soundcard AO-40 Decode

Hello Claudio!

25 Nov 00 17:35, you wrote to Tony Langdon:

 CM> Well it still is a toy operating system anyway. Or else it would
 CM> happily run all programs designed for Win9X family. What type of
 CM> compatibility is this????

It depends how programs are written.  If they're written to use standard
Windows function calls, they will generally work under NT or 9x.  However,
Win9x also allows programs to access hardware directly to some extent
(especially DOS programs).  NT does not (which is technically correct behaviour
for what NT is designed for - Linux or OS/2 has similar behaviour), to protect
system integrity.  Win2K also has the same issues as NT with some apps.

So it's in the hands of the programmer, to some extent.

For the record, the decoder worked fine under NT here, but would have liked to
have .TLM output capability at least (could we have this for the next version
please Nino?)  otherwise a nice little program. :-)

I ended up going back to the DOS based programs, mainly because I could extract
more useful information out of them from the .TLM files generated.

Tony, VK3JED

.. 4.