Re: P3T replay ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stacey E. Mills, M.D." <w4sm@cstone.net>
To: <dsn2000@frisurf.no>
Cc: "Amsat Bulletin Board" <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2000 5:00 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] P3T replay ?

> At 02:41 AM 2000-11-26 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> >My problem is that, when i try to "replay"  *.raw or even *.tlm
> >files "highlighting" the filename - I ALWAYS get the errormsg.:
> >"File error! file altered or incorrect lenght." ??
> >
> P3T expects stored telemetry files to be multiples of 512 bytes.  That's
> the way P3T stores them.  The CRCC bytes are not stored, but the CRCC
> status is encoded into bit7 of bytes 0 & 1.

I too have the same problem
To check that it wasn't my files, captured using a PSK 1 I downloaded files
from Mark Hammond's archive, filtered them and then tried replay.
Having seen the above message I used properties to check the file size, a 10
block file is 5120 bytes not convinced I used a hex editor to check and each
block is 512 bytes long.

The hex editor is freeware at
http://www.handshake.de/user/chmaas/delphi/download/xvi32.zip

and thanks to Stacey for a great piece of software

Paul G0ONA