Re: P3T replay ?

At 02:41 AM 2000-11-26 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have installed the P3T software on a win 2000 platform, and so
>far everything works great  (with the dsp-12.) and oz6bl'  new
>modificated software.
>
>My problem is that, when i try to "replay"  *.raw or even *.tlm
>files "highlighting" the filename - I ALWAYS get the errormsg.:
>"File error! file altered or incorrect lenght." ??
>
>I also checked this out in win98, and it works OK for replay of files,
>But, in this win98 i got the same errormsg. in the  "filter" function :/
>
>Anyone experienced this? any ideas to overcome these problem is
>welcome

P3T expects stored telemetry files to be multiples of 512 bytes.  That's
the way P3T stores them.  The CRCC bytes are not stored, but the CRCC
status is encoded into bit7 of bytes 0 & 1.

This is the way James Miller's initial software for AO-13 functioned, and
I've followed this approach as well.

If you're trying to replay file made in some other fashion, perhaps with
the CRCC bytes stored in the file so they're multiples of 514, then it
won't replay with P3T.

Hope this helps.