RE: DSP2232 AO-40 decoder mod

Hi George,

I saw your question after responding to a direct email asking the same
question.
Below is my response to that email.

Qload tells the DSP2232 to receive a text file containing the modem program.
I decided to call my RAM based modem, number 48, and use port 1 of radio.
The character 0 shown in procedure below is number zero.

The procedure is:

Start your terminal program to communicate with the DSP2232.
When you see the cmd: prompt
Type "QLoad 48 0"
A . will be displayed by the DSP2232.

Use the send text file command of your terminal program to send M443b15.lod
text file to DSP2232. The DSP2232 will echo the text back as it is received.
After completion of load you will see cmd: prompt again.

Type "QData 48" (Note that this requires that modem 48 be loaded when using
DSP data mode. This command is only required once unless you are changing
mode for DSPdata mode.)
The above causes modem 48 to be used when you enter DSPdata mode.

Type "Radio 1/0"
The above enables only Radio port 1. (This may not be required, but I
decided to free up DSP resources. This command is only required once unless
you are changing Radio port setting.)

Type "DSPdata"
The DSP2232 should display DSP data mode message on the LCD display.

Exit terminal program. Start P3T program. Go to setup and set modem type to
514 byte.
Click Save button. You can now capture data on the audio input of radio port
1 of the DSP2232 from AO40 with the CRC feature of P3T program enabled.

Note that you can examine the file M443b15.lod with Notepad or any text
editor to see that it is a text file.

Good Luck,
Bill