Re: Instant Track 1.50 default sat track

Dr. Jim Akers
Dept. of Electrical
and Computer Engineering
Miss. State Univ.

Hasan,

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000, hasan schiers wrote:

> It's been so long (> 10 yrs) since I used this program, and I can't recall
> how to fix this:
>
> There is a way to control what 7 default satellites show up in the main
> (program opening - main menu), and text tracking screen. It appears that the
> program merely selects the first 7 objects in it's numbered database, which
> of course, includes the sun and the moon.

You can download the manual from AMSAT.ORG...it's free.  But to answer
your question directly.  Go to sat update and select manual edit, select a
sat and look at the groups line which is 3rd from the bottom.  If you put
! in this entry, it will show up as one of the displayed sats.  I don't
know what happens if you select more than 7 but my guess is that it will
display the first 7.  There are other groupings you can set using this
technique....better get the manual.

73....Jim...W5VZF.