Beacon's bandwidth seems to be quite wide

I have been listening to the P3D telemetry on 2m and looking
at it in the waterfall in IZ8BLY's new AO-40 demodulator.
The 400 bps BPSK signals seems to be quite wide in terms
of bandwidth used. If I saw a PSK31 signal like this, I would
say the station was overdriving its audio stages. Obviously
400 bps should use a lot more bandwidth than PSK31,
but is this correct operation?

I grabbed a screen shot of the spectrum in Spectran; you can see
it at http://aprs.cloud.net.au/~hamish/p3d_beacon.gif
It's within 10 minutes of LOS, there's some Doppler obvious,
and there's also a birdie in the spectrum.

Any comments?

thanks,

Hamish