Re: Re: PSK 1 and the FT847

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 10:18:01AM -0600, Ron Cole wrote:
>      The 3.5mm Data Jack is an "HF" data jack.   I will work for receive on
> any band but it will not work for transmit on 2m & 70cm.  Use the DIN VHF
> DATA connector to transmit above 6 Meters.  Watch which pin you use as the
> 1200 and 9600 bps pins operate very differently.

Sorry that's not correct as best I can tell. The 3.5mm socket is
used for any modes which are injected using SSB mode.. eg PSK31,
RTTY, SSTV, Hellschreiber, MFSK, AFSK, etc. It is not suitable for FSK
which is done using the mini-DIN data socket.

I just transmitted PSK31 on 2m using the HF data socket without issue.
I guess it is labelled "HF data" because those modes are most common
on HF.

hamish